Major Traveler's are seeking personalized service, whether it comes in the form of a simple hotel booking or a full service itinerary. We give you peace of mind in handling the logistics, research and booking details for you (with VIP service, of course!)
*planning fees start at $350
We have advisors trained in managing family office travel across multiple destinations, considering individual traveler preferences and coordinating complicated logistics. We are members of the Virtuoso luxury travel network and have elite status in more than 20 preferred travel agency programs with top brands in luxury travel.
*planning fees are custom
Major Traveler works with top luxury cruise lines around the world including Silversea, Seabourn, Viking, Oceania, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Disney and more. Our planning process involves finding the perfect cruise itinerary for you and managing all aspects including payments, excursions and documents.
*planning fees are custom on scope
1. Discover & Understand: First, we want to get to know you and how you prefer to travel. This allows us to tailor your experience to fit your needs. We will match you with a Major Travel advisor that specializes in your destination, or you can select to work with a specific travel advisor. We can be as hands-on with your experience as you like, detailing and customizing every excursion for you, or focusing just on the bookings and letting you find your own fun!
2. Design Travel: Once we've gotten to know each other, we'll work together to realize your travel dreams. Whether you envision a relaxing, luxurious getaway, an active sightseeing adventure or anywhere in-between, we'll make it happen.
3. Reserve and Reconfirm: With the details settled, it's time to put the plan in motion! Kick back and relax while we book and reserve every detail of your travel plan. We'll also take extra steps to find unique opportunities to make your experience worthy of all your friends' envy. When everything is settled, we'll provide you with your custom itinerary, necessary travel documents and all the reference material to make your pre-trip excitement part of the fun.
4. Monitor & Manage: This step is all about keeping an eye on the details of your trip both leading up to your departure and while you're away. We'll be double-checking the details, connecting with suppliers and finding any other ways we can to make your adventure extraordinary. Don't forget to tag photos of your trip with @MajorTraveler!
5. Debrief & Recalibrate: We'll talk about every part of your adventure and the stories you made, and we'll use your experience to make your next trip even more unforgettable.
Fill out our contact form or give us a call! We will be in touch within 48-hours to provide a questionnaire that will help us get to know you and your travel preferences better.
HOW DO I GET STARTED WORKING WITH YOU?
Always, always. Life happens and it is necessary to be protected for the unexpected. We are happy to refer travel insurance companies to our clients.
DO YOU RECOMMEND TRIP INSURANCE?
Planning your trip is about YOU. Once you choose a specific destination, we will provide as many iterations of your proposal to get it to a perfect place. The final itinerary isn't final until you say so.
HOW MANY PROPOSALS CAN WE SEE?
Planning a vacation takes a lot of time and effort. You could spend hours on reading online reviews with no conclusion. We use consultants for our finances, insurance, house buying and more. So, why wouldn't you use an expert to plan your travel? In case we haven't convinced you yet, take a look at our full list of benefits.
WHY SHOULD I USE A TRAVEL ADVISOR?
It does not! At Major Traveler, we are all about value. We will always access the best available rates and promotions for hotels, while adding our preferred perks such as upgrades, credits and more. Our advisors charge a variety of different planning fees based on your trip needs. This is to protect our time and the value of our expertise.
DOES IT COST ME MORE?
As involved as you'd like! We work with clients who love for us to take all of the planning off their plate. We also work with clients who love to let us know their preferred resorts and we get it booked.
HOW INVOLVED CAN I BE IN THE PLANNING?
Major Traveler plans trips of all shapes and sizes. Whether you are looking for a simple hotel booking (to get those perks), a honeymoon, or a big family trip, a bucket list adventure - we are here to help!
WHAT TYPE OF TRIPS CAN YOU PLAN?
There are many instances in which we do not provide line-item breakdowns of custom trip costs. This includes our custom trips to destinations like Europe, South America, Asia, New Zealand and Africa.
There are two reasons for this:
1. We work closely with our in destination partners who, to your benefit, package hotels and services. They provide us with specially negotiated contracted rates that cannot be legally disclosed.
2. We like to keep is simple. Behind a single trip price is a complex array of exchange rates, reservation details, and much more. Value is incredibly important to us - we want you to know you are getting your money's worth in your trip and always ensure this is the case.
DO YOU BREAKDOWN PRICING ON ITINERARIES?
We welcome travelers who want to book flights using points (and think this is a super smart way to use your points, hint hint)! Unfortunately, we do not work with booking hotel stays on credit card points. If you are using hotel points, we will likely refer you to a company who can help you maximize your points values.
CAN I BOOK WITH CREDIT CARD POINTS?